Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Running Story of Bin Lei


“I fell much more confident, optimistic and positive about myself and my future, due to running, which changed my life totally.” Said my friend Lei Bin , a great runner.

Having been dumped by his girlfriend , he started running and kept it  for two years from then on, never quitting. ”I have to find something painful to get rid of my present pain. ”He turned to running by chance , finding the solution.

At the first month, he felt like giving up almost every day because he was suffering from both mental and physical bitterness. It always takes a long time to set up a new habit, especially when it comes to a sport which tends to make you exhausted , uncomfortable and even hurt. He told himself again and again that the only way to escape from this is to carry on. And he made it.

Changes happened. He was once so frustrated , depressed and self-abased and even felt that it was the end of the world when he just broke up with his girlfriend. Having ran for 3 months, he gradually realized that he could control his emotion and focused on himself while running. It was a relief that nothing could distract him from running and he wouldn’t be driven by anything except himself. “There isn’t anything in my mind when I was running. Just RUN,RUN and RUN.”

He gradually obtain more and more from running, which , however, doesn’t mean that everything goes well. He started to be bothered by sports injury, which plagues thousands of runners. Hip, knee, ankle, none of his joints in leg are in condition. The wicked hurt once woke him up almost every night, but he still carried on.” My friends, my mother, even my doctor are trying to persuade me to give up, but I can’t .If I did, all my previous struggle were in vain”, said him. He took medicine , did vast muscle  training, investigated the most proper posture to protect joints. Thank goodness, he is getting better now.

“Self-confidence is one of the best things running brings about to my life, because  I can overcome all the difficulties from running which is such a big challenge to the majority of people .The feeling of self-control is so great. Besides that, I have acquired perseverance, level-headedness, concentration by running. No matter how large the cost is, it is worth it.” he said.

He is still running on the way, never halting. He has already registered for the Marathon which is going to be held next month in Beijing, China. Best wishes.

picture credits:taken by Yue li (writer)

1 comment: