Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Running book recommendation :What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

  The book What I Talk About When I Talk About Running  is written by a worldwide famous Japanese writer,Murakami Haruki,who has written many great novels such Norwegian Wood,1Q84,Dance!Dance!Dance!A Wild Sheep Chase,Hear the wind sing .Being such a excellent story-teller,this is the first and the only one book which is an autobiography concerning his own and real experience.The whole book is about running.I'm not sure whether you've heard that M.H is not only an amazing writer ,but also a super runner!
 
  In 1982,M.H started writing novels.Soon afterwards,he found that he ran into an unhealthy condition,both physically and mentally.His muscle hurt due to the fixed writing posture.He couldn't enjoy a regular routine of daily life because he focused on writing.He admitted that art creating was an unhealthy job so he was in desperate need of some positive and sunny activities.He chose running.This book contains why,when,where,how...almost everything about his running experience.The highlight is his thought about running and how he challenge himself through Marathon again and again,through thick and thin.

  Here are some of my favorite quotations:

  • I love being alone,which doesn't make me feel sad.No matter what i am doing,running or writing,I can keep silent,talking to nobody and don't feel boring at all.Compared with cooperating with others,I prefer to reading alone or listen to music.I can come up with plenty of things which can be done alone. 
  • Watching water is meaningful to human beings.

  • I am myself, not anybody,which is a piece of precious  possession for me.Heart injury is the expense we pay for this independence to the world.

  •  School is such a thing:the most important we learn from school is that the most important thing can't be learn in school.


  I have benefited a lot from this book,which is my favorite book in the running world.His running philosophy has influence him and as well as I and gradually turns into my living philosophy.For example,loving your body and endeavor to learn how to deal with the relationship between you and your body;keeping a habit which must also be your interest,otherwise you will give uo no matter how hard you struggle;you yourself is the one who is the most important to you ,not anybody else;running is the best time during a day you can talk  with yourself.

  Besides,the value of literature of this book is also very high.Reading this book is like watching a flowing spring-quietly,privately,smoothly.The writer never boasted about his running record,but instead shared his embarrassment or failure at the beginning.You can keep it on your bookshelf thus whenever you feel anxious,nervous,disorganized,turn to it.

  No matter you are a runner  or a literature fan, this book is a fabulous recommendation to you .

No comments:

Post a Comment