Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Listen to Some Music While Running

    Are you doubting that is listening to music a good habit or not while running? Actually,  more and more researches have found that compared with running with silence, runners can run faster and further with music. Music can make our brains more excited, thus you can make full advantage of your energy and your body, and be stimulated to run faster and further, and even happier if you choose the appropriate music. Don't hesitate to take your ipod with you when you set out to run!


     So how to make up your music list? Or, what kind of music is "right" for running? Here are some suggestions:


     Choose music the BPM of which is between 120 to 140. BPM is short for Beat Per Minute, which means the number of beats in one minute. BPM 120 to 140 can match your heartbeat speed and thus make you feel comfortable. That's to say, the tempo shouldn't be too fast or to slow.


    Here comes another question, how can I get the exact BPM of one song correctly? By counting by myself? Of course not. A free software called MixMeister BPM Analyzer can do this for you. Just download it from the internet.


    Besides, the music you choose must have consistency. Some music is dramatic and attractive because of the huge change of melody and tempo, it's charming but not a smart choice of running music.


    I feel so excited to share my favourite running music album Running Longer , from the cooperation of NIKE+  and the legendary road racing cyclist Lance Armstrong.
    
    1. Island In the Sun (Weezer)
    2. Dance Inside (The All-American Rejects)
    3. Love It When You Call (The Feeling)
    4. Woman (Wolfmother)
    5. 3's & 7's (Queens of the Stone Age)
    6. Yesterday to Tomorrow (Audioslave)
    7. Move Along (The All-American Rejects)
    8. 155 (+44)
    9. Is It Any Wonder (Keane)
   10. Say It Ain't So (Weezer)
   11. Everybody's Changing (Keane)
   12. Loser (Beck)
   13. Sewn (The Feeling)


   Here are some other tips for running with music:
    
      1.If the beats of the song you are listening now is not fit for your pace now, switch  to the next one.
      2.You can absolutely enjoy music whenever you are running on a running machine, but if you are running outside, watch out the vehicles  in case of accident.
      3. As you know, running is good period of time for you to thing .   So you can make the most of this time to focus on thinking ,with out music.
      4.Headphones is likely to cause some auditory problems. Don't keep it for too long time.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. I love running myself and I always bring my ipod along with me to listen to. I find myself running along to the beat of my music. I totally agree with the state that music helps us run farther and faster. Through personal experience I have learned that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is definitely part of my running routine. I have certain songs I listen to when I warm up, during my workouts, and then some cool down songs at the end. One problem I face is that my ear buds always fall out during my run. I've tried different kinds, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I love this question, and i found one for you . That is SENNHEISER/ PMX685i. Maybe you can have try.

      Delete
  3. This post was interesting. When I run, I've noticed that when the song has more BPM, I run faster and keep up with the beat. I normally use pandora to play music because I don't have money to pay for a lot of music, but when I do use Pandora, listening to Club mixes really helps to keep the speed and your heart rate up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I work out, every blue moon, I wear the power beats by beats because they hook over your ears and they won't fall off.

    ReplyDelete