Monday, October 27, 2014

Food for running in the morning


    Many runners prefer to run in the morning, which is definitely a good habit. Choosing what kind of food and how much to take become a significant issue for these morning runners, which actually depends on how long are you going to run. Do you want to know how to eat can not only help to keep figure but also make you energetic? Read the following suggestions.

  1)       Less than 30 minutes:
   Normally, for runners running less than 30 minutes (approximately 5 miles) , there is no need to take additional food for energy. You can even run without breakfast.
  2)       30 minutes-1 hour
Run after breakfast and take one banana or a small piece of chocolate (black) with you. After running for 30 minutes, you can eat them if you feel a little hungry. But to most people, a high quality breakfast is almost enough.
  3)         More than 1 hour
   You should pay attention to food carefully if you reach this level. Prepare food like bananas or black chocolates at the evening before you running. During the running, take food containing 100-200 calories (like half an banana) every 30 minutes and take water every 40 minutes for 500 ML.


Food choices:
  Bread, fruits sauce, peanut sauces, banana, chocolates. These kinds of food is easy to digest and absorbed by our body, to provide energy quickly.

Avoid:
  It takes a long time to digest food which is high in fiber. Eating these kinds of food can’t offer energy and even put more burden to your stomach, which result in not only running obstacles but also some chronic illnesses for organs.

   Different people have different body for food. There must be a period of time for you to find the best diet for yourself, which may sometimes bothers you. But I am sure that once you find your own diet, get rid of trouble of low blood sugar or eating to much, you will enjoy every running morning. 

4 comments:

  1. I find that if I eat anything before an early morning workout it does't always settle well, but I always seem to lose energy and hit a wall toward the end of my workouts. Any suggestions to help this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom swims, bikes, and runs. I am always telling her she needs to eat more. She usually only has a waffle and coffee in the morning, then a decent dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have problems with eating in the mornings, kind of like Maddie stated above. But I do find it easier to eat after I go for runs. I do tend to get hungry though during my runs and wish I had eaten something before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to run track and cross country, and I never knew this! I was eating all of the wrong foods. This really helps. The next time I go running, I will certainly remember the right foods to eat.

    ReplyDelete